There’s nothing better on a hot, sunny afternoon than enjoying ice cream with family and friends! This Father’s Day, show dad how special he is with an array of homemade novelties using his favorite flavors of ice cream, frozen yogurt, sherbet or sorbet.
Make-Your-Own Sundae Cones
Homemade sundae cones are fun, easy to make … and best of all, easy to enjoy!
- 1 box of cake or sugar cones
- 1-2 (or more!) flavors of Pierre’s Ice Cream or Yovation Probiotic Frozen Yogurt
- 1 bottle of shell topping for ice cream or melted chocolate chips or candy discs
- Various toppings such sprinkles, crushed peanuts, mini-chocolate chips
If melting your own chocolate, follow package directions. Fill each cone with ice cream – try using a scoop of each flavor. Dip the top of the cone in the melted chocolate or drizzle shell topping over cone. Quickly cover with toppings (we like to dip the cone in a shallow bowl filled with sprinkles). Serve immediately.
Of course, you can also buy Pierre’s great-tasting Pierre’s Sundae Cones at your local grocery store.
Homemade Ice Cream Sandwiches
Homemade ice cream sandwiches combine two great tastes. Simply bake or buy dad’s favorite cookies, and assemble these fun treats using his favorite ice cream flavor. The amount of ice cream you use in these sandwiches will vary depending on the size of the cookie.
Here are some delicious and fun combinations:
- Chocolate chip cookies with French Vanilla Ice Cream
- Peanut butter cookies with Chocolate Ice Cream
- Chocolate cookies with Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream or Cappuccino Yovation® Probiotic Frozen Yogurt
- White chocolate-macadamia nut cookies with Exquisite Vanilla Ice Cream
- Snickerdoodles with Nun Better® Snickerdoodle Ice Cream
- Brownies with Coconut Fudge Almond Ice Cream
- Blondies with Butter Pecan Ice Cream or Butter Pecan Yovation® Probiotic FrozenYogurt
Just for fun: Roll your ice cream sandwiches in your favorite toppings. Mini-chocolate chips or white chocolate chips and crushed peanuts go well with many of the above recipe ideas.
You can prepare these ice cream sandwiches ahead of time and freeze.
At Pierre’s Ice Cream Company, we make the most irresistible premium ice creams and frozen treats fresh every day using the highest quality ingredients sourced from all over the world.
It’s our desire to delight you with every spoonful. Learn more about Pierre’s.