Tasked with making a dessert for a family gathering? Throwing a spur-of-the-moment cookout and need something sweet? Check out these three recipe ideas from easy to easiest and serve up some indulgent summer desserts.
Easy: All-American Ice Cream Pie Recipe
Perfect for Memorial Day and July 4 parties, this recipe uses only five ingredients to make one delicious dessert for 6-8 guests.
- 1 9-inch cookie crumb pie shell
- 1 1.5 quart container of Pierre’s Premium Strawberry Ice Cream
- 1 1.5 quart container of Pierre’s Premium French Vanilla or Classic Vanilla Ice Cream
- Whipped cream
- Fresh blueberries
Place pie crust in freezer for at least 30 minutes before filling to firm it up. Place the ice cream in the refrigerator for 10-20 minutes to soften it for easier scooping.
Place four healthy scoops of strawberry ice cream into a bowl. Whip with rubber spatula to make it spreadable. Be sure not to let the ice cream melt while preparing the pie, as it may become icy when it refreezes. Spread into pie crust. Place crust in the freezer for 10 minutes.
Repeat the process with the vanilla ice cream, adding a layer of it on top of the strawberry ice cream. Cover with plastic wrap and store in the freezer.
Before serving, allow the pie to soften approximately 10 to 15 minutes in the refrigerator, or five minutes at room temperature for best flavor and texture. Slice pie and top with a dollop of whipped cream and blueberries.
Choose any flavor of ice cream and any cookie for this quick and easy homemade ice cream novelty. (Store-bought cookies are just fine — we won’t tell!)
- Your favorite cookies (at least 3” in diameter)
- Your favorite flavor of Pierre’s Premium Ice Cream, Yovation® Probiotic Frozen Yogurt or ¡Hola Fruta!® Pure Fruit Sherbet
- Your favorites toppings, such as mini chocolate chips, chopped nuts, toasted coconut, sprinkles, crushed candies or cookie crumbs
Place cookies into freezer for at least an hour. Allow ice cream to soften until it can be easily scooped. Place scoops of ice cream onto the bottom side of one cookie and top with the bottom side of a second cookie. Return immediately to the freezer for at least 5 minutes.
Roll and coat the sides of the sandwich in the topping of your choice. To store in the freezer, wrap in wax paper or plastic wrap.
No time to prepare something from scratch? Then serve up sweet scoops of Pierre’s Signature Ultimate Ice Cream. Each variety is a rich, tasty dessert on its own:
- Chocolate Lava Cake Ice Cream
- Mocha Mud Pie Ice Cream
- Nun Better™ Snickerdoodle Ice Cream
- Coconut Fudge Almond Ice Cream
- Banana Fudge Chunk Ice Cream
- Cherries & Chocolate Chunks Ice Cream
- Exquisite Vanilla Ice Cream
At Pierre’s Ice Cream Company, we make the most irresistible premium ice creams and frozen treats fresh every day using the highest quality ingredients sourced from all over the world.
It’s our desire to delight you with every spoonful. Learn more about Pierre’s.